Please join us on November 3rd at 10am U.S. Eastern time for the launch of the inaugural Ranking Digital Rights Corporate Accountability Index!
The Ranking Digital Rights Corporate Accountability Index ranks 16 of the world’s most powerful Internet and telecommunications companies on their commitments and disclosed practices affecting users’ freedom of expression and privacy. Starting on November 3rd, rankingdigitalrights.org will feature interactive visualizations of the data as well as analyses of company performance. A narrative report as well as the raw research data will also be available for download.
Find out which companies are doing better than others, why there are no real “winners,” and what concrete steps companies can take to improve.
The launch event will begin with a presentation of results and conclude with a conversation about how consumers, activists, investors, and companies themselves can use this data to ensure that, as businesses power and shape our Internet, they also do a better job of respecting our rights.
The launch will be followed by events in other cities. More details about locations and how to join them will be shared on this website as they are confirmed. (Most recently updated: Oct. 28)
- November 4 – SRI Conference on Sustainable, Responsible Impact Investing, Panel: Understanding Risks Associated with Digital Rights, Colorado Springs, CO.
- November 5 – Georgetown University, DC launch event, Washington DC.
- November 9 – Internet Governance Forum, “Day zero” half-day brainstorming workshop for research and advocacy, João Pessoa, Brazil.
- November 11 – Internet Governance Forum, “Day 2” roundtable workshop: Benchmarking ICT Companies on Digital Rights, João Pessoa, Brazil.
- November 16 – 4th Annual United Nations Forum on Business and Human Rights, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 4:40pm – panel: Challenges and exploring opportunities to secure rights online
- 6:15pm – Ranking Digital Rights launch event (sponsored by Aspiration Tech and Access Now)
- November 19 – London School of Economics 6:30-8pm, London, UK.
- November 25 – Stiftung Neue Verantwortung 6-7:30pm, Berlin, Germany.
- December 2 -Panel on RDR at the Privacy, Security, and Freedom of Expression – Learning Day hosted jointly by the Global Network Initiative and the Center for Internet and Society, 9:30-4:30am, Stanford Law School, Palo Alto, CA.